Shopper's Code of Professional Standards
In order to become a shopper for KSS International, you must read and agree to the following. After reading it, please type in your full name and click on "Yes, I agree" and it will take you to the shopper sign up page. Thank you for your interest in being a shopper for KSS International.
KSS International is dedicated to improving service and promoting excellence in the mystery shopping industry. A fundamental aim of our business is to ensure that the highest standards and ethics are maintained. To improve the value, reputation and stimulate the use of mystery shopping services, it is important that information about mystery shopping services is accurately communicated to both the business community and the public at large, while complying with applicable government laws, regulations and ordinances.
KSS International expects shoppers to follow principles of honesty, professionalism, fairness and confidentiality to guard the interests of the public and our clients in order to promote good business practices.
KSS International and The Mystery Shopping Providers Association's Shopper's Code of Professional Standards have been established to ensure that all shoppers conform to the following principles:
- Commit, in principle, to the purposes of KSS International. improving service and promoting excellence in the mystery shopping industry;
- Conduct mystery shopping services in an honest and ethical manner;
- Conduct mystery shopping services according to industry procedures and regulations set forth and agreed to by KSS International Inc. as well as MSPA members;
- Instill confidence in mystery shopping and encourage public cooperation;
- Respect our company, other MSPA members, clients, and the general public.
In addition, I agree to the following Rules of Ethical Conduct
- I agree to perform all shops to the best of my ability;
- I agree to perform all shops with honesty and integrity;
- I agree to submit all reports on or before the deadline;
- I agree to honor all confidentiality agreements;
- I agree to give immediate notice to KSS International and their scheduling team if I cannot perform a shop for any reason;
- I agree to return follow up calls or e-mails in a timely manner;
- I agree to keep paperwork and notes for at least 60 days in case questions arise by the client;
- I will not falsify or misrepresent reports;
- I will not ask or encourage anyone to break confidentiality agreements with other firms for whom they conduct mystery shopping assignments;
- I will not use any KSS International or MSPA media to publish complaints against vendors, clients, shoppers or mystery shopper providers;
- I will not share information with others on which company shops which clients;
- I will not share information with others on shopping fees and reimbursements for specific clients;
- I will not share the results of a shop with others in order to protect the clients confidentiality;
- I will not give one of my assignments to another shopper to complete without asking permission of the shopping provider;
- I will not perform any shops under the influence of illegal drugs, or prescription drugs that might impair my abilities;
- I agree not to become inebriated or drink beyond the legal limits set forth in my state or perform any other activity that may cause harm to myself or others while mystery shopping;
- I will not contact a client directly without approval of the shopping company;
- I will not disrupt the normal business flow of an operation in the process of performing a shop (do not cause a scene);
- I will not announce myself as a mystery shopper to the business being shopped unless given specific instructions by the shopping company;
- I will not perform a shop unless I have thoroughly read each question on the survey and the instructions provided by the shopping provider;
If, after a thorough investigation, KSS International finds a shopper to be in violation with our Rules of Conduct, shopping eligibility in our Company and all companies we represent may be withdrawn. Should a complaint be filed against you, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to respond before a final decision is made.
By checking off the respective box below, providing your name in the respective box below and submitting this form, you indicate that you have read, understand, and agree to follow the principles of honesty, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality that are outlined in this agreement.
I further understand that not conforming to this agreement may result in termination of my shopper status.
To become a shopper on our system:
- Read all of the text above.
- Fill in your name in the space provided and click on "Yes I Agree"
- You will be brought to a page where you can then enter our online system.